Final Actions Before Committees of Conference Room and Meals Tax The Senate Finance Committee voted to share 30% of the Room and Meals tax revenue...
There is some good news to report on the legislative front. The Senate passed HB 555 without amendment which means it is on its way to the...
As the Windham forensic audit winds down, the question arises of why the rerun of the machine count results during the audit tended to match more...
- I’m tired of my property taxes going up every year while the state gives tax cuts to large corporations and out-of-state businesses.
- I’ll fight to get the money that the state has stopped sharing with towns. Money from the meals and rooms tax, the business tax, and general revenues.
- I will work for passage of HB 274 and SB 72 which restores a portion of the state’s portion of the retirement costs for teachers, firefighters, and local police. I will also work for passage of SB 99 which increases and stabilizes the amount of the Rooms and Meals taxes that the State must share with local towns and municipalities. In fact, I will work for passage of any bill that relieves the tax burden on the local property taxpayer. I will work against passage of HB 10, which lowers both the Business Profits Tax and the Business Enterprise Tax and HB 210, which lowers the Interest and Dividends Tax. Revenues from these taxes are shared with towns and municipalities. Lowering revenue from these sources means property taxes will go up.
- I support growing our renewable energy resources. I will help Derry take advantage of the savings to be gained by developing local renewable energy resources.
- New solutions must be found to meet our energy needs. I will work to find ways to reduce our property taxes by using clean, cheap, renewable energy.
- I support and will continue to work to ensure everyone who is eligible to vote has the opportunity to vote.
- I will fight for common sense ways to make sure that your vote has been accurately counted.